- Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form, available at https://salud.go.cr.
- Starting August 1st, minors (under 18) and those who are fully vaccinated can enter Costa Rica as tourists without purchasing a travel health insurance policy. They must present a certificate and vaccination card with the following information:
- Full name
- Date of each doce
- Vaccine formula (Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca andt Johnson & Johnson*)
- *The last dose of the schedule must have been administered at least 14 days before entering Costa Rica.
- For U.S. visitors, the Covid-19 vaccination record card meets the requirement.
- If you are not vaccinated, Traveler’s Medical Insurance– international or purchased in Costa Rica through the National Insurance Institute or SAGICOR. For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certification from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions:
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars).
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic.
- Wearing Facial protection and strict compliance of airport arrival protocols: social distancing, desinfection, following all instructions
All passengers traveling to and through
- USA: must comply with the Covid test (PCR or Antigen test) and obtain a negative result 72 hours before the flight.
- CANADA: must comply with the Covid PCR test and obtain a negative result 72 hours before the flight.
- EUROPE: must comply with the Covid PCR test and obtain a negative result 72 hours before the flight.
*Last update: august 1st